LIDEX scrap shears with side compression are particularly suitable for shearing and compacting heavy and bulky scrap metal.
These machines are ideal to reach very high production levels up to 110 t/h with low operating costs. They also can be used for baling and can have a pusher with a press force of either 250 tons or 320 tons for an increased densification of the material.
The LIDEX is the only scrap shear with side compression to offer a complete automatic cycle, including compression and shearing phases.
This unique function is made possible mainly by two major innovations:
- innovative kinematics for the preload tablet which allows dumping of scrap metal directly into the pusher area, and thus reducing the number of movements
- a high amplitude cover designed to exert exceptional compaction power and efficiency to reduce cycle times.
The operator who is no longer needed for compression and shearing operations frees up time for carrying out other operations.
The LIDEX allows productivity gains of 25%.
Kinematics of the preload table
- The innovative kinematics of the preload table brings the scrap directly into the pusher area, thus reducing the number of movements.
- Loading of the shear press is possible even when the compression box is not yet closed (in hidden time) and offers a great visibility impossible to obtain with other loading modes.
Full automatic cycle
- The LIDEX is the only machine to offer a completely automatic cycle for closing the compression box.
- The operator, who is no longer mobilized for compression and shearing operations, has time to carry out other operations.
- The specific features of the lid and the preload table, the compression box closing time is reduced to 20 seconds.
- The shear frame achieves a shearing rate of 7 cuts per minute. This means that the shear and the stamper move up and down at the same time.
- Equipped with a rail breaker, the shear is capable to processe the hardest scrap metal.
- A system of hydraulic balancing valves regulates the downward movement of the shear to get the maximum power while controlling the movement perfectly. When there is an abrupt break in the material, counter pressure compensates for the ram’s own load.
- The very long guiding system of the shears’s slide-block optimises the clearance between the cutting blades and guarantees constant cutting performance.
Easy maintenance and optimised maintenance costs
- The machine is delivered with an ergonomic maintenance platform and a specific tooling to change the blades quickly and safely.
- Added to the screwless lower blade clamping system invented by COPEX, the time needed to replace the blades is reduced by 50%.