The GEMA system is a modular-designed generator system for magnet plates which, for example, can be used in excavators or in conjunction with power sets or hydraulic aggregates.
The maintenance-free system is splash-proof according to IP54 specifications. It consists of a generator with built-on control electronics and an HMI control unit (Human Machine Interface).
The generators are available as single-bearing generators and two-bearing generators. By providing 2-pole and 4-pole versions, various model variants from 9 to 30 kW for a large speed range (1500 – 3600 rpm) are available. The HMI control unit transmits the operator inputs to the control electronics of the generator.
Furthermore, it displays system data and operating states. The interface for connecting the operator pushbutton (joystick) is also part of the control unit. The control electronics controls the generator in order to provide the connected magnet plate with the corresponding voltages and currents.
The generator drive, there are various options to choose from. Commonly, the belt drive type is used. Alternatively, the generator can be driven by direct drive, direct flange mounting or by a hydraulic motor.
Advantages of the system
The well-known features of electronic magnet plate systems include
- Highspeed magnetization
- High-speed demagnetization
- Various mounting options),
The GEMA system distinguishes by the following special advantages:
- Exact visualization of all system data on the HMI control unit.
- Effective and quick work with completely different materials using preset programs.
- The magnetic force can be adjusted by just one keystroke on the HMI control unit.
- Customer-specific requirements can be implemented quickly by means of graphically adjustable software parameters.
- Large speed range for the engine speed. All GEMA systems are available as 2-pole and 4-pole versions.
- Extremely quiet generator operation due to special housing design.
- Communication between GEMA components is based on CAN bus (SAE J1939), which allows an easy connection to superordinated controls.
- Maintenance free due to electronically controlled brushless generator and self-protecting electronics (cable break, short-circuit, underspeed, overspeed and overtemperature).